Tuesday, February 12, 2013

New Year and New Fun.

We started our new year off celebrating with the Powell's   We enjoyed a fire work show and a fake count down at 8pm.  We all went around and said what our resolutions were going to be and the kids had really cute ideas.  However, its only been a month and I can not for the life of me remember what anyone said so I'm pretty sure they are going about as well as everyone else's new year resolutions.

I was really excited to be able to sign the kids up for gymnastics lessons this month.  They have been asking for it for almost a year, so when I had the opportunity to start watching another kid during the week, I decided that since they were good about sharing their mom with other kids, I would share part of the money I was making to let them do something they really wanted to do. They have loved it.  There are now a lot of days that all the mattresses get drug into the living room so they can practice their tumbling. They even take turns pretending to be Coach Steve(their gymnastics coach) and offer each other encouragement. It has been one of the best gifts I ever gave them, and has given us something fun to do this winter.





 Hudson discovered another fun thing to do in the winter. 
Ever since Hudson was born Jake has been telling me he couldn't wait to teach him to ski.  Well, five years later he finally got to do it.  Hudson has only been out on them a few times, but he is in love with it.  He asks me everyday if he can go skiing. I'm sure he will have a lot of fun days hitting the slopes with Dad in the future.  He sure looks cute doing it!

We took a trip up to Logan to go see the Elk at Hardware Ranch.  Autumn was especially excited to get to see the elk up close on the sleigh ride. That night the girls had a movie party and the boys got to go to an Aggie basket ball game.  Hudson has been showing off his moves to the Scotsman ever since. 


No comments:

Post a Comment